When was Socitm formed? - 1986
Is membership for the individual or the authority?
It is corporate and available to local and central government, health and social care, education, third sector, social housing and (emergency services organisations. Corporate membership packages are available, each with a different level of benefits and individual memberships for the corporate organisation’s staff.
How many authorities/public sector organisations do you represent?
47 other public sector
How many authorities that are eligible to join are not members?
How many members do you have?
Do you have members not employed by the public sector?
Do you have any mission/objectives/scope for Socitm?
Socitm is the society for innovation, technology and modernisation. We aim to be the preferred network of leading professionals innovating and modernising public services in the United Kingdom.
Simplify, standardise, share, sustain
Our focus is on how technologies and data can be harnessed to:
- Reset the collective mindset to ensure adherence to ethical principles, respecting social foundations and ecological constraints locally and globally
- Reform public services by embracing innovation and modernisation
- Renew communities by collaborating across place and encouraging self-sufficiency in ways that enable them to thrive
- Enable better, inclusive outcomes for the diverse people and places throughout the UK.
Our mission - We will:
- Help maximise the effective use of technologies and data in delivering services and improved outcomes for public benefit
- Help members develop professionally, share best practice and deliver their organisation’s technology and data-enabled transformation objectives
- Provide a range of resources and services to help public service organisations and communities deploy technologies and data for public value.
Our principles - We will:
- Deliver effective place-based public services through innovating and shaping service design
- Ensure that Socitm remains trusted and independent
- Use the knowledge from our Members to build the services and products that our Members want and value
- Attract, nurture and develop the very best talent
- Collaboration is at the heart of our success
- Make sound and well-judged decisions to generate a surplus that can be re-invested in Members services.
Our core values - We will:
- Treat each other with dignity and respect
- Embrace diversity as an essential component in the way we conduct business
- Provide opportunities for people to develop personally and professionally
- Act with integrity to develop and maintain trust with colleagues, Members and Partners
- Deliver exceptional service at all times.
Do you have any staff or is the Society run by volunteers?
Socitm employs staff to run the society, with volunteers fulfilling roles in the President's Team, Regional Committees, Local CIO Council and other supporting groups.
Socitm - email@example.com
LOLA - info@lola_online.org